The At Home Colourstart 5 Day Allergy Test is a ready-to-use Allergy Alert Patch Test, that can show if you may be allergic to PPD, one of the most common ingredients in hair colourants.
The Test Patch must stay on your arm for 48 hours and be done at least 5 days before your colour appointment.
The test results must be recorded on your colourstart Passport online on Day 5 and shared with Catherine Boden Salon.
A test showing it is safe to apply colour will be valid for 120 days. Please allow a minimum of 2 working days for delivery, and review consultation questions before you buy.
Before you carry out an At Home Colourstart 5 Day Allergy Alert Test, you will be asked the questions below to help decide if Colourstart is right for you and to help you make an informed decision on whether you should avoid hair colour.
• If you are under the age of 16
• If you suspect or know you are allergic to PPD or hair colourant
• If you have a black henna tattoo or have you had an allergy to a black henna tattoo in the past
• If you have redness, swelling or itchy skin
• If you are taking oral or topical steroids or other immunosuppressant medicines
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding